Radiation Oncology at Warragul
We are a team of highly dedicated and specialised doctors and nurses who can provide you with information regarding your radiation treatment options, and care for you during your treatment.
What we do
Radiation therapy is treatment using radiation, such as x-rays and electrons, to kill or damage cancer cells to stop them from growing and multiplying. It can also be used to treat a variety of benign (non-cancerous) diseases.
You may also receive other treatment at the same time, such as chemotherapy, and we work closely with all of the medical teams caring for you to ensure your care is seamless and coordinated.
Our outpatient clinic staff are from the Alfred Hospital and operate clinics at seven separate health facilities, including West Gippsland Hospital in Warragul. Radiation treatment is offered at the Alfred and LaTrobe Regional Hospital.
Find out more about our Radiation Oncology service and view a range of patient resources.
How to access this clinic
Referral from your GP
You need a referral letter from your GP or medical practitioner to access this service.
Your doctor will need to fax your referral letter to us. We will be in contact with you in clinically recommended times, depending on waiting list length. If there is no waiting list, you will receive an appointment booking letter or we will contact you to arrange a suitable time.
What to bring
Every time you come
- Medicare card
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Private health insurance card (if applicable/if you want to use it)
- Adverse drug alert card (if you have one)
- Previous X-ray films, scans, ultrasounds or any other test results or reports
- Medicines you need to take while you are here
- List of medicines you are currently taking (or the boxes), including medicines you have bought without a prescription, such as herbal supplements and vitamins
- Glasses, hearing aid(s) and/or walking frame if needed
For a clinic appointment
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- TAC or WorkCover claim number (if relevant)
|Monday||West Gippsland Hospital, Warragul||Fortnightly 9.00am - 12.00 midday|
- Dr Rajendra Hegde: Radiation Oncology