The Cardiac Rehabilitation Unit (CRU) provides a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to rehabilitate patients who have experienced a cardiac event, heart failure or require risk factor modification.
Clinical service overview
Cardiac Rehabilitation is a comprehensive program that offers:
- supervised exercise
- lifestyle management
The CRU specialises in the management of patients with complex issues, the younger, fitter patients and those who require return to work assistance.
There are no geographical boundaries and there is no fee to attend. We are able to organise interpreter services when necessary.
Entry into the program is prioritised according to issues such as need to return to work.
- priority patients are generally assessed within 7-10 days from receiving referral
- other patients are generally assessed within 2-4 weeks from receiving referral
All patients are assessed at our Pre-Admission Clinic prior to commencing the program.
Refer your patient
- Referral enquiries (03) 9076 6776
- Referral enquiries (03) 9076 6260
- Referral fax (03) 9076 6773
Special referral instructions
A written referral from a health professional is required.