The Breast Clinic is multidisciplinary and attended by breast surgeons, plastic surgeons and medical oncologists.
What we do
Services provided by The Breast Clinic include:
- Comprehensive breast cancer services, including surgery
- Breast reconstruction following mastectomy
- Surgery for benign breast conditions.
How to access this clinic
Referral from your GP
You need a referral letter from your GP or medical practitioner to access this service. Your doctor will fax your referral letter to us. Once we receive it, we will send you a confirmation letter.
If you need surgery, you will be placed on a surgical waiting list after being seen in clinic. You may also need to attend the Pre-Admission Clinic prior to your surgery.
What to bring
Every time you come
- Medicare card
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Private health insurance card (if applicable/if you want to use it)
- Adverse drug alert card (if you have one)
- Previous X-ray films, scans, ultrasounds or any other test results or reports
- Medicines you need to take while you are here
- List of medicines you are currently taking (or the boxes), including medicines you have bought without a prescription, such as herbal supplements and vitamins
- Glasses, hearing aid(s) and/or walking frame if needed
For a clinic appointment
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- TAC or WorkCover claim number (if relevant)
- Prof Jonathan Serpell AM: General Surgery (The Alfred)
- Miss Sarah Birks: General Surgery
- Miss Sarah Kemp: BES, General Surgery (The Alfred)
- Miss Melanie Walker: General Surgery (The Alfred)