Adult Community Residential Mental Health
We offer access to community residences to assist in recovery from mental health issues.
Clinical service overview
The Alfred Mental Health service have several residential community options to assist people in their recovery. These include:
Alma Road Community Care Centre (ARCC)
ARCC is located at 75 Alma Road, St Kilda. We provide a medium-term residential rehabilitation program for up to 14 people living on-site in four shared self-contained units. We offer 24 hour on-site clinical support and case management.
Team members include:
- Consultant psychiatrist and psychiatric registrar
- Occupational therapists
- Social worker
- Exercise physiologist
- Music and art therapist
We can also refer patients to employment consultants, a dietitian and other services as appropriate.
Prevention and Recovery Care Unit (PARC)
PARC is a 10-bed unit located at 35-37 Nicolson Street South Yarra. It is managed and delivered in collaboration with ermha365 in a safe home like environment. PARC provides care and support to people during the early stages of relapse (step-up) or immediately post discharge from hospital (step-down).
An Alfred Psychiatry employed psychiatric nurse provides clinical support from Monday to Friday during business hours. After hours support is provided by our Mobile Support and Treatment Team and Crisis Assessment and Treatment Team (CATT). ermha365 provide 24-hour on site support.
The above options are available to current clients of the Alfred Mental Health and Addiction service aged between 25-64 years of age who live locally and require residential rehabilitation services. PARC also delivers care to clients of Star Health, also known as the Inner South Community Health Service (ISCHS).
Refer your patient
Accessing these services
PARC accepts referrals from:
- Alfred Mental and Addiction Health community and inpatient treating teams
- Star Health Mental Health Service case managers/treating team
- For further information, please contact the PARC Senior Clinician on (03) 9832 9300 (Monday to Friday, 9am–5pm)
ARCC referrals are accepted from:
- Alfred Mental and Addiction Health community and inpatient treating teams through community intake service.
- Referral enquiries ARCC: (03) 9076 9888
- Referral enquiries PARC: (03) 9832 9300
- After hours enquiries: 1300 363 746