Home Care Packages
The Alfred Health Home Care Packages is based at Caulfield Community Health Service. We are a team of allied health and nursing professionals providing case and package management and brokered services to recipients of Home Care Packages in our local area.
Clinical service overview
- The HCP Program supports senior Australians with complex care needs to live independently in their own homes, using a consumer-directed care approach to ensure the support suits a person’s needs and goals.
- The HCP Program is designed to provide more co-ordinated care and services than the Commonwealth Home Support Programme, but less intensive care than Residential Aged Care.
- The HCP Program operates using a CDC model to provide more choice and flexibility to care recipients. Providers remain responsible for ensuring the delivery of quality and appropriate care.
- The HCP Program is governed by the Aged Care Act 1997 and a number of other laws (including the Principles) all of which must guide providers in delivering packages.
Home care packages may include services and supports to keep people:
- Well and independent – including personal care, nursing services, allied health
- Safe in their home – including cleaning, home maintenance and modifications, assistive technology
- Connected to their community – including transport, social support services
Access to care at home programs is determined by an independent assessment by an Aged Care Assessment Service (ACAS) or a Regional Assessment Service (RAS). My Aged Care will connect individuals to the correct assessment service for their needs.
The HCP Program provides a subsidy and supplements (where an individual is eligible) towards a co-ordinated package of care, services and care management to meet each person’s assessed care needs, care goals and preferences. There are four levels of packages to reflect the different levels of assessed care needs to support people to safely remain living at home.
Refer your patient
How to access - Home Care Packages - Doctors
To access a Home care Package, your patient will need an assessment by the Aged Care Assessment Service (ACAS) to assess, approve and assign a Home Care Package suited to their needs.
Please call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 or visit the My Aged Care website.
- Referral phone (03) 9076 6864
- Referral fax (03) 9076 4114