At Alfred Health Carer Services, we support people who care.
Clinical service overview
Alfred Health Carer Services assists carers of all ages with short-term support. Services include emotional support, respite, planning for the future, carer education, wellbeing events, and links to other services and supports. We can assist by phone, telehealth or, in some cases, we can visit the carer at home.
We service these areas:
Alfred Health Carer Services supports carers who live in Melbourne’s southern metropolitan region, this includes local government areas of Port Phillip, Stonnington, Glen Eira, Bayside, Kingston, Greater Dandenong, Casey, Frankston, Cardinia Shire and the Mornington Peninsula Shire.
We provide Carer Gateway (Commonwealth-funded) and Support for Carers (State-funded) services:
- Individualised support for carers to focus on their own needs and personal goals
- Information and assistance to connect carers with the right support services
- Support to access respite and equipment
- Facilitated coaching
- Peer-to-peer support to enhance carer wellbeing
- Events for carers that focus on education, peer support and social connection
- For 24/7 emergency respite and after-hours support, call Carer Gateway on 1800 422 737
Carers of all ages can access our supports and services. We also provide respite services, resources and supported activities for older people with care needs via the Commonwealth Home Support Program. Fees apply for this program.
How to refer a carer to Alfred Health Carer Services:
- Call Carer Gateway on 1800 422 737 between 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday to Friday.
- Fill out the Carer Gateway online e-referral form via this link.
- Call Alfred Health Carer Services directly on 1800 51 21 21 between 8:30am-5:00pm, Monday to Friday.