The Breast Clinic is multidisciplinary and attended by breast surgeons, plastic surgeons and medical oncologists.
Clinical service overview
Services provided by The Breast Clinic include:
- Comprehensive breast cancer services, including surgery
- Breast reconstruction following mastectomy
- Surgery for benign breast conditions.
Refer your patient
Fax referral to us
We accept GP and specialist referrals to this service.
All referrals are triaged by the service according to clinical urgency.
Patients requiring immediate assessment should be sent to the Emergency & Trauma Centre.
If a patient requires surgery, they will be placed on a surgical waiting list. The patient may also need to attend a Pre-Admission Clinic prior to surgery.
To refer your patient, complete and fax a referral to us. For urgent referrals, also contact the service Registrar to discuss the case.
To ensure appropriate and timely triage, include all demographic and clinical details as well as relevant investigation results.
If you are concerned about any delay of the appointment or if there is any deterioration in your patient’s condition, contact the service Registrar on call on (03) 9076 2000.
- Referral enquiries (03) 9076 2025
- Referral fax (03) 9076 6938
- Prof Jonathan Serpell AM: General Surgery (The Alfred)
- Miss Sarah Birks: General Surgery
- Miss Sarah Kemp: BES, General Surgery (The Alfred)
- Miss Melanie Walker: General Surgery (The Alfred)