We care for people who have asthma and/or allergic diseases, incorporating people with problems relating to their immune system.
How to access this service
Referral from your GP
You need a referral letter from your GP or medical practitioner to access this service.
Your doctor will need to fax your referral letter to us. We will be in contact with you in clinically recommended times, depending on waiting list length. If there is no waiting list, you will receive an appointment booking letter or we will contact you to arrange a suitable time.
What to bring
Every time you come
- Medicare card
- Health Care Card and/or concession card (if you have one)
- Private health insurance card (if applicable/if you want to use it)
- Adverse drug alert card (if you have one)
- Previous X-ray films, scans, ultrasounds or any other test results or reports
- Medicines you need to take while you are here
- List of medicines you are currently taking (or the boxes), including medicines you have bought without a prescription, such as herbal supplements and vitamins
- Glasses, hearing aid(s) and/or walking frame if needed
For an overnight (or longer) stay
- Dressing gown and slippers, or comfortable day clothes and shoes
- Personal hygiene items, such as shampoo, shaving equipment, toothpaste and deodorant
- Something to do - like a book to read, a magazine or an iPad or tablet with headphones
What not to bring for an overnight (or longer) stay
- Your handbag, wallet, purse or large amounts of cash
- Valuables, such as jewellery or watches
|Lung Function Laboratory||The Alfred||55 Commercial Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004|