We strive to ensure all patients who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander are provided with culturally safe, respectful and appropriate patient care to meet their individual health care needs.
Aboriginal Health Program
Our Aboriginal Health Program provides a range of services including:
- Ensuring culturally responsive care for all Aboriginal people and their families
- Improving access and availability of health services and preventative care for Aboriginal people
- Improving our ability to meet the particular needs of Aboriginal patients and their families
- Increasing our understanding of, and cultural sensitivity towards Aboriginal health issues
- Strengthening our Aboriginal Hospital Liaison Service by establishing and maintaining positive relationships with the local Aboriginal community, other service providers, and government departments
Aboriginal Hospital Liaison Officer
Our Aboriginal Hospital Liaison Officers (AHLOs) support Aboriginal patients, families, community members and our staff.
Find out more about our Aboriginal Hospital Liaison Officers.